Thursday, December 30, 2010

Lymphomania: Treatment 2 Is Through

Well, two down, six to go. So far this one hasn't been too bad. I've been chillin' at my folks' place, so maybe it's the home cooking. :) The infusion took about an hour less than I thought it would, which I guess is a good sign. I asked the doc if it's normal for the tumor to swell during treatment, and he said it was; so far I haven't seen it happen this time, though, but it didn't happen immediately last time. I'm not too concerned about that, though. As long as it's not a bad sign, I'm good with it. One cool thing is that I can barely feel the tumor in my neck. Honestly, if I didn't know that it was there and exactly where to feel, I wouldn't notice anything out of the ordinary.

On the subject of hair, I now have none on my head except eyebrows. The day after Christmas (still at the parents' place), I went outside on the porch before taking a shower to brush off as much loose hair as I could to keep from clogging the drain. After a while, I just got tired of brushing. I came in and looked in the mirror and saw that I'd actually rubbed a bald spot on my head, so I figured it was time to take it all off. A day or so later, the beard started coming out, so now that's shaved, too. Hopefully the eyebrows will stay. :)

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hey bald buddy ... it's time for us to go buy some leather jackets and get fake tattoos on our necks.

4:41 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I saw the picture of you shaved on facebook but you never came by canyons yesterday so that I could see it!

How are you feeling with your hair gone though?

4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home