Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Lymphomania: Relief

Doc: How are you doing?
Me: I'll let you know in a few minutes.
Doc: I think you're fine.


And with those statements, the coin lands heads up. Mark Twain once said that the difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and a lightning bug. I can't think of the right words right now, so I'm not going to try for any exposition in this one.

My hematology oncologist (the one in charge of chemo and such) said that he talked about the PET/CT results with the radiation oncologist (guess what he's in charge of), and while there was some inflammation, it was all pretty much exactly in the radiation's field, so that was to be expected, but there was no new activity or growth. Before officially labeling me “in remission”, I'll be going back for another PET scan in three months after the radiation's effects have subsided a bit more, but he thinks I'm fine.

I'll be able to enjoy the fall and hopefully hike some. On the down side, I don't have an excuse to get out of traveling for work anymore. :)

Thank God, and thank you all for your prayers and support.

Please, enjoy life.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home